Monday 14 January 2008

Incredible Story Of Courage and Determination.

When I read this story of two people overcoming their difficulties I just had to share it with you...

If you are suffering from debilitating illness , back pain or sciatica I hope that reading this story I link to below will give some hope , some idea that maybe, just maybe physical difficulties can be overcome.

Learning to walk again

It hit a nerve with me as walking was always something I had completely taken for granted until I got back issues. I had walked for miles with my dog and my husband and loved country hiking. Then that all came to an abrupt halt. I could not walk a few yards without tingling, burning pain in my legs and spasms in my back. Sometimes my legs would go completely numb, weird and scary.... sometimes I could hardly walk to the bathroom due to my legs going numb and my back spasms giving me so much pain I could cry. Many of you will be familiar with that sort of pain , I know...

In my "down" moments I felt very sorry for myself and thought why did this have to happen to me? In my more reflective moments I thought ah well at least I was able to do this walking once. At least I have the memories....

Sometimes it made absolutely no difference to me seeing that other people had overcome pain and restrictions due to various conditions.

However, sometimes it spurred me on and gave me hope to see what was possible...and thats why I wanted to offer this link.

It kinda depended on my mood. Low mood tended to immobilize me and I lost the will to fight, but luckily for me, every time I managed to find inspiration from somewhere, push through that and pick myself up again. I knew I could find a way and I knew I must never give up looking for what might work for me.

Now I can walk again pretty much as well as I could before, I just need to be more careful and do my stretches, swimming/water therapy and exercises for the continued health of my back.

I offer this link to you as inspiration only. We are all different and I do know how challenging and downright pain in the *** back pain is. However I think a little inspiration is a good thing wherever it comes from...

I thought this story of these guys was amazing and wonderful. I hope you enjoy reading it as well.

Learning to walk again


I just wanted to pick out two quotes from it which are so inspiring from people who have been through all they have.

"The first thing you have to do is you have to turn a negative into a positive so if you're sure you're not going to get better, it's going to be that way,” said Hurlburt.

"Don't give up, don't ever give up. Cause if there's a will there's a way. And if you have that desire then you can do it,” said Abrams.





If you liked this post do consider joining our Facebook Page Sciatica Solutions.



For useful information and suggestions there is a Free Back Pain Book Written by the Healthy back Institute-

7 Day Back Pain Cure
This free book (there is a small shipping/handling fee for physical book) will give you a good starting point for taking back control of your back pain covering reasons for pain, pain relief, possible treatments, action plans and many other things you will find useful.
Follow Jasmine Ann Raintree's board Back And Sciatic Pain Strategies. on Pinterest.

No comments: