Saturday 16 February 2008

Want To Carry On Gardening?

Aquilegia Flowers
Hi there,

I am so happy it is nearly Spring here :) Longer days and shorter nights and more sunshine(hopefully!),nesting birds and the garden starts to burst into life again :)

One of the things Spring means to me is more time in the garden. I love my garden.

However , with herniated and dessicated discs in my lower back I have learnt to protect my back and do my gardening in a slightly different way...

Back pain is often cited as a culprit of causing back injury, especially in the spring when us gardeners have perhaps been taking it a little easier in the winter then burst into action with the first flowers!!!

Also if you have a back issue gardening may seem a daunting task rather than a pleasure.

If you want to avoid back pain from gardening or are keen to know how to still carry on gardening with back issues read on...

For tips for gardening with back pain please read  Back Care In The Garden and Tips for Watering the garden 


If you already have back and sciatic pain and still want to do your garden, or you don't have back pain and want to avoid it, there you will find hints and tips for easier gardening. So whether or not you have back pain right now take a look and I hope you find it useful :)

It is important if you are to enjoy your gardening the whole season through that you look after your back.


If you liked this post do consider joining our Facebook Page Sciatica Solutions.



Lose The Back Pain System
Lose the Back Pain, is a system of self assessments to determine what physical imbalances you may have that may be causing your pain, then specific and targeted exercises to follow to address the imbalances, along with pain reduction strategies. 

For useful information and suggestions there is a Free Back Pain Book Written by the Healthy back Institute-

7 Day Back Pain Cure
This free book (there is a small shipping/handling fee for physical book) will give you a good starting point for taking back control of your back pain covering reasons for pain, pain relief, possible treatments, action plans and many other things you will find useful.
Follow Jasmine Ann Raintree's board Back And Sciatic Pain Strategies. on Pinterest.

1 comment:

Tawnya Shields said...

I am looking forward to Spring also. All that color and I love gardening also.

Thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting in regards to the death of my dog, Loki.

That was so kind of you. :O)