Sunday 13 April 2008

Craig Lundberg:An Inspiration.

It's the London Marathon today and many people are running for various charities.

There are very many stories of incredible bravery and people overcoming illness and fighting for life. All fantastic and inspirational people to me.... Its hard to choose but I was particularly touched by Craig Lundberg who was severely injured in Iraq, very nearly lost his life and is now totally blind. Whatever your views on Iraq what struck me was this 22 year olds amazing attitude to the lifechanging blow to his future.

A year on from his horrendous accident today he is running the London Marathon, he is totally blind and has 2 helpers to run with him.

I just wanted to post links to his story and blog here if we ever feel in need of a little inspiration about how to handle things that may have happened to us, out of our control and how one young man has coped and made the very best of a potentially depressing and terrible situation.

Craigs Story : article in the papers.
(Link no longer active 2016)



Way to go Craig!! If you liked this post do consider joining our Facebook Page Sciatica Solutions.



For useful information and suggestions there is a Free Back Pain Book Written by the Healthy back Institute-

7 Day Back Pain Cure
This free book (there is a small shipping/handling fee for physical book) will give you a good starting point for taking back control of your back pain covering reasons for pain, pain relief, possible treatments, action plans and many other things you will find useful.
Follow Jasmine Ann Raintree's board Back And Sciatic Pain Strategies. on Pinterest.

2 comments:

Kimba The White Lioness said...

Thank you for reminding me how truly blessed I am each day in my life.

Oftentimes we forget how good we actually have things in life, especially in comparison with situations like the young man's in your post.

And thanks also for the happy vacation wishes you sent my way! It was a wonderful time! Keep in touch!

jasmine ann said...

Kimba thank you so much for your comment, yes it made me feel like I need to be more grateful for the things I have.

So glad you had a wonderful time, you deserve it :)